Wednesday 6 February 2008

WooooHoooooMcDonnells!!

Ok so the certificate came, and it does indeed prove that it was indeed my Great Grand Uncle Peter McDonnell who married Nellie Brooks. Peter then emigrated to Australia with his son Charles, and I now am in contact with my 2nd Cousins 1x removed - I swear I'd never be able to work that our without my family tree software which tells me how I'm related to everyone!! Anyway, it's been a really exciting and busy week or so finding out about the McDonnell's from Aus.

What I wasn't really expecting was to find other McDonnell's there too, well thanks to above mentioned cousins we have found that not only Peter and Charles emigrated, but Peters brother William and his wife Frances Marian (Turner) ended up there too!

What I wouldn't have thought of in a million years was that Edward, my elusive Great Granddad would be found there too, but he was. There's work still needed to track him down, but safe to say he enlisted in the Australian Army in 1915 - all be it briefly.

0 comments: