Tuesday 19 June 2007

Putting a face to a name


I have been very lucky!!

I recently made contact with Angie and Diane who have been able to identify pictures of my great great grandmother Alice Dixon. It's a great feeling when you can put a picture to the name in your tree. I now have just one more face to put to the tree to have pictures of all my great great grandparents.

I think one of the things I have enjoyed most about researching my family tree is going through all the old photographs. The old ones I find especially fascinating, they are on very thick card, and just the touch of them takes you back so many years. When you see photo's today, they are all on glossy photo paper, or on a digital camera. There is something about seeing an old original that takes you back to the time your ancestors lived.

I must also thank John who has sent me some of his pictures, I am waiting for the moment I can bear to part with the laptop for a couple of weeks as the disk drive has given up the ghost and I can't read anything off it! I am really looking forward to taking a look at the pictures!!

0 comments: