Saturday 14 July 2007

My Stemps from Cranley, Surrey, England.

I had just received the birth certificate for William Stemp born 1858 in Cranley (Cranleigh) Surrey which gave me the name of his parents as James Stemp and Susan Cooper when I decided to do a litte google looking for Knowle Lodge where William was born. One of the first hits was this website --> click here

I emailed the owners of the site who were really helpful in confirming that we did indeed have the same Stemp's in our trees, and offering their information for my tree. I therefore now have right back to about 1600, and the Stemp line goes even further back on the Dackombe webiste. All the information on their surnames can be forund here -->
click here

I love meeting new people with connections to the family or who are interested in genealogy and it's great to come accross someone using google, it's quite surreal when someone from your tree pops up on a search in someone elses!

0 comments: