Monday 19 November 2007

Laptop News!

There is none!! Which may or may not be a good thing!!

Hopefully by the end of the week I should ……….

a) Have it back all fixed and working :o)

b) Have some pretty vouchers for a new one

c) Be pulling my hair out and screeching at PC World!

I am secretly hoping that option ‘b’ is the one I am writing about come the weekend!

I have loads of things to add to my tree and lots of you lovely people who have emailed me that I want to send reports to, but the program for this is sitting on the lappy. Also my main tree is kept on Ancestry.co.uk and for some reason this website wont display properly on the macbook :o( All the dates and timelines are all over the place and it makes it really difficult to try to add things *sigh*

I am still also awaiting deliver of my copy of Wearside Battalion by John Sheen, the publishers say it’s “booked in” but Play are saying they don’t have any copies as yet! I was hoping this would prove an interesting read while my laptop was away. Never mind, patience is a virtue – so I’m told :o)

While I’m waiting for full service to be restored, I’ll leave you with this, which I found here à http://lest-we-forget.com/The_Outhouse/

GENEALOGY POX

WARNING: Very contagious to adults.

SYMPTOMS: Continual complaint as to need for names, dates and places. Patient has blank expression and is sometimes deaf to spouse and children. Has no taste for work of any kind except feverishly looking for records at libraries and courthouses. Has compulsion to write letters. Swears at mail carrier when s/he does not leave mail. Frequents strange places such as cemeteries, ruins and remote, desolate country areas. Makes secret calls at night. Hides phone bills.

TREATMENT: There is no known cure. Medication is useless. Disease is not fatal, but gets progressively worse. Patient should attend genealogy workshops, subscribe to genealogical magazines, and be given a quiet corner in the house where s/he can be alone with his/her computer.

REMARKS: The unusual nature of this disease is.....the sicker the patient gets, the more s/he enjoys it!

0 comments: