Monday 5 November 2007

Boyd, Boyd, Boyd, Boyd, Boyd's

*sigh*

 

I thought I’d have a little look at lunchtime today for the Boyd’s. Every now and then when I get a bit bogged down with one branch I have a little look at another to see if I can fill a bit in somewhere!!

 

Now I have more blinkin’ questions !!! LOL

 

OK The Boyd’s ……..Lets start with Great Granddad Boyd – Frederick George, 1892-1956. His birth certificate states he is the son of Silas George Boyd and Elizabeth Boyd, late Wilson, formerly Boywer.

 

Pretty sure I have Elizabeth on the 1901 census with Frederick George, but no Silas George. Also with an Alice and Eliza (transcribed as Elliot) Booser. I’m pretty sure the census doesn’t say Booser – or Boyd, or even Bowyer, but I can’t work out what it does say.  RG13; Piece: 637; Folio: 18; Page: 27. If anyone is feeling in a translatey kind of mood!

 

I have a marriage for Silas Boyd in 1888 but not to an Elizabeth…….and no other marriages after that for a Silas Boyd.

 

Marriages Q2 1888  

-------------------------------------------

Boyd  Silas George              Croydon  2a 331  

Butler  Jane                       Croydon  2a 331  

Greenslade  Ann Mary          Croydon  2a 331  

SAYERS  William                 Croydon  2a 331  

-------------------------------------------

 

No way of telling which one of these lovely ladies married the Boyd though, without ordering a certificate!

 

So it looks like I’ve set myself yet another task LOL

 

…….and still no laptop!!!!!!!!!! ß Look how PC World make me overexclamate!!!

 

:o)

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

0 comments: