Friday 4 January 2008

McDonnell's

Happy New Year :o)

I've started off with another go at finding the McDonnell's

Still no sign of Peter McDonnell born abt 1842's birth being registered. I have a Peter O'Donnell who is a possibility, and a death of a Peter McDonnell in 1910, but the birth year is 1846 for him.

Still unable to locate them on the 1901 census so I decided to come at it from a different angle.

I have found a death registered for Elizabeth Ann McDonald (not the first time it's been mis spelt LOL) This was registered in 1897 and her age was 43, giving a birth year of 1854.....it's looking good!!!! I've yet to order a duff certificate, this could be the first LOL I'll just have to wait and see what it says. Hopefully it might give me a bit more to go on if it proves to be the right one. It would also explain why Edward and his siblings were living with their older sister and her husband in 1901.

Possible for Peter, on his own on the 1901 census lodging in the Three Crown's Lodging House in Chruch Street, Sculcoates. Year of birth doesn't match, but I'm told some people weren't adverse to telling a porky or two on the censuses LOL

I have also found a pension record on Ancestry for an Edward McDonnell, firstly in the Hampshire Regiment, then the Labour Corps - from where he was pensioned off. There aren't really many details on the pension papers, apart from the fact the age matches, but someone on Rootschat suggested that I contact the Hampshire Regiment Museum I have emailed them with all the information I have on Edward hoping they might have something in their records with his next of kin, or at least date of birth.

That's it for now....*awaits latest certificate*

0 comments: