Monday 26 January 2009

1911 Census - Counties

Found this on the 1911 Blog http://blog.1911census.co.uk/2009/01/map-counties-currently-available/ which explains why the North and Wales are last to be made available.....fair enough I spose......tho no less frustrating having to wait.....I am not a good waiter LOL :o)

If I get their explanation right, the I think East Ridings, Yorkshire is going to be the next to become available.......I hope so!!!! The original email said they hoped to have the whole of the UK available by the Summer, which looking at the amount of places still to come online makes me think that maybe it wont be too long a wait for Yorkshire and Durham.

*crosses fingers*

I am so itching to find a lot of people from Oop North!!

I've heard also (if reading various message boards and googling for theories counts) that when it's all online and fully searchable they will open it up to subscriptions rather than pay per view......I'm also looking forward to this as it's not all that easy to tell from the results at the moment whether you have the right family or not, and sometimes it's something completely random whcih leads you to finding your family transcribed as something weird and wonderful. If I had to PPV for all the censuses I've looked at on Ancestry which were wrong I'd be having to ebay the entire contents of my house to pay for them :o)

Till then however I will practice patience, which is a virtue apparently :o

0 comments: