Tuesday 20 January 2009

Libraries

Well you learn something new every day!!!

I've been mainly an on line family tree researcher, being as my family comes from either Durham or Yorkshire I've been using Ancestry, Free BMD and a few other sites to put together the information I have at the moment. I've got to the point where I feel I've got pretty much all I can from there at the moment, until new stuff is added.

With a huge amount of thanks going to the Rootsweb London List I've now found out how to view loads of additional information online via my council website with my library card - which has until now been mostly neglected and gathering dust in my purse!! It's mainly old newspapers, but they seem to cover most of the country which is excellent!!! Not that I've found anything yet but I think the search facility is going to take some practicing LOL

Anyway if you're wanting to have a search through the old historic papers online check out the facilities your library offers and you, like me, might be able to stay safely on your butt in front of the pooter to view some!!

Thanks again to the Rootsweb London List!!

0 comments: