Saturday 24 January 2009

Batchelor Family Of Lincolnshire

Up until today when I revisited this family I had a Charlotte Esentoun Batchelor, born abt 1831 and married to Richard Dixon in 1852. Now looking again I think her first name was either Esentoun or Esenton. She appeard to marry inder the name Esentoun Charlotte Batchelor, and looking today I found what I'm sure is her with her family in 1841 (how many Esento(u)n Batchelors can there be in Lincolnshire?? )

In 1841 her name is spelt Esenton, and her brothers and sisters have some brilliant names!!

Esenton's Parents
John Batchelor abt1786
Ann ??? abt1796

Esenton's Siblings
Jemima Batchelor abt1829
Carrington Batchelor abt1829
Cornelious Batchelor abt1831
Kesia Batchelor abt1836

Looking at the Family search website there seems to be a couple of varient spellings for Kesia - Kezziania and Kuzziah, and the 1851 census has her as Kezziah.

I also have a Carrington born 1829 from the 1841 census and one born 1840 from the 1851 census??

Esenton Batchelor would have been my Great Great Great Grandmother, and married Richard Dixon in 1852 in Glanford Brigg. From the censuses thereon, she seems to use the name Charlotte. She appears to have died in Glanford Brigg, Lincolnshire aged between 46 and 48 in 1879. He death is listed under the name Easington Charlotte Dixon in quarter 3.

So far I've been unable to find her in 1851, but she appears not to have been living with her parents at this time.

So I wonder if her name was Esenton, Esentoun - probably less likely IMO to have been Easington??? But if you have details on the family with what her name actually was drop me an email :o)

1 comments:

Crista said...

Hi, You may have this information now as it's been a few years since your post but Anne Batchelor's maiden name was Eaton. They married April 25 1815 in Boston, Lincolnshire.I am descended from their daughter Tabitha.